Electrical wheel chairs users know that an electrical chair depends on the battery for proper functioning. If the battery is not functioning, the chair becomes impossible to operate. Every battery has its lifetime after which it gets damaged. Even though that time eventually comes, there is a way that you can extend the life of the battery.
* Batteries are fragile and so you need to handle them with care. Avoid dropping them as it damages the internal structure of the battery.
* For the first week after you buy your battery, make sure you do not deplete its charge below 30%. This range will ensure your battery can charge to maximum charge when you charge it.
* Make sure you charge the battery for new wheelchairs fully. When you buy electric wheel chairs in Taunton, make sure you charge its battery until it is full. If you do not do so, your battery will never be able to charge completely until full charge. Ask if the battery has been fully charged and if not, charge it first before using the wheel chair.
* When charging the battery, use its charger; do not be tempted to use a different charge. It is dangerous to use a different charger as you can break it.
* Even if you do not use your wheel chair as much, make sure you charge it overnight. Night time is good because in most cases, you will not use your wheel chair at night so you will allow the battery to charge uninterrupted. Do not skip charging your battery even if you have not used it a lot during the day as the recharging also helps prolong the life of the battery.
If your wheel chair battery is not working, it limits your mobility. Failing to take care of your battery will cost you money for replacement and will prevent you from moving around. Would you like to talk to our experts about ways you can extend the life of your electrical wheel chair in Taunton? Reach out to us at Exeter Disability Centre Ltd today.